What do you exactly need to know before starting your own blog or website?
- Target Audience.
This is the base for everything you write about on your new blog.
Example: Take Our Blog, Our Topic is “Helping Online Startup’s”. So We write about Startup Ideas, Email Marketing Course and other information which helps to start and grow an online business.
So you need to be clear, what’s that topic on which you are going to start your blog. Make sure your topic is wide enough and has ample scope to produce more content.
Once you decide on the topic of your new blog, next thing is to identify the target audience.
Suppose you are going to start a blog about “Weight Loss” and planning to write about “Natural Weight Loss Programs”, “Diet tips for Weight Loss”.
Then people who are aiming for weight loss will be your Target Audience. You need to produce content which is helpful tor your target audience.
Identifying topic & target audience is extremely important. Because these are the foundation stones for your blog. Apart from topic and target audience, Never forget the below rules to achieve success in your online business.
- Treat your blog as your business
- Look yourself as an entrepreneur managing your online business
- Learn to be disciplined and focused on running your own blog (online business)
Because Your Blog or website is certainly your business.
Proven Ways to Generate income from Blog or Website
Look at the following list for top 3 best and proven ways that you can earn money from your blog or website.
- Google Ads
You can earn from your blog from AdSense. AdSense is the program offered by Google to the bloggers and website owners to earn from their website or blog.
Once your blog has 3-4 posts, up and running. You can apply for the Google AdSense.
Once you get the approval, you can start earning money from Google Ads
- Affiliate Marketing
By Promoting other business products (Example: Amazon), you can earn money from your blog.
For every sale that happens in amazon through your website, Amazon will pay you commission.
- Selling your own product or service
If you offer any service to clients or if you have any own product to sell, you can do it from your blog and earn money.
Now let us look into the topic “How you Can Create your Own Blog/Website without any coding knowledge”
Step by Step Guide to Create your Own Blog/Website
- Decide the topic on which you are planning to start your Blog/Website
- Finalise the Domain name. The Domain name is nothing but the name of your blog or website.
Example – Domain name of our website is startupmonks.com. Likewise, think and finalise one good domain name
- Register your domain name & get hosting
Once you decide which domain name can be used for your blog, the next thing to do is to register your domain name and get it hosted (Hosting is buying space for your website files and other information related to your website).
We suggest you to use this hosting provider as it provides you the below benefits
- Free Domain Name
- Free SSL Certificate
- Unlimited Free Email Address
- Free Drag & Drop Builder
For our first online startup, we used the above hosting provider as it is economical when compared to other hosting providers and also it saved money for us by offering Free Domain name and free email addresses(unlimited).
- Installing WordPress
Once you are done with the registration of domain and hosting. The next thing you should do is to install WordPress.
Follow the below steps to complete WordPress Installation
- Log in to your control panel of your IPAGE(Hosting Provider) portal & Click on the WordPress icon(shown below)
- Select your Domain and Click on Next
- Fill up the below details & click on NEXT
- WordPress will start getting installed now and you will be notified after the installation (refer the below screenshot) – You can click on view credentials(as shown below) to view your username, password and url to access your WordPress dashboard.
- Congratulations, your WordPress installation is completed now.
Click here to read How to Setup your Blog/Website using WordPress and Publishing your first post
If you follow the above steps, you can launch your own blog or website without any coding knowledge.
Would love to hear your feedback under comments section!!